[Sussex] Intro for Nico Kadel-Garcia

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 10:49:23 UTC 2006

Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
>> Hi, folks. I'm an old Linux user from Boston
>>

> Hi Nico - welcome to the list
>

>> And does anyone know of people near West
>> Dean or Chichester looking for senior sys-admins?
>>

> Hmm... What is your work-permit situation? If you are just here as spouse of
> a student you may not be able to work (unless you've already sorted that out
> of course).

It's already sorted out, I have a work permit until at least August of
2008 as long as my wife stays in school. I've hit a few websites for the
HSMP [sic?] visa program, and have 75 out of the recommended 65 points
to get such a visa, but am reluctant to spend the roughly 1000 pounds to
pay for the legal paperwork. For the last year in Boston, the market for
permanent Linux jobs is hopping, but I could only take consulting work
due to my wife's plans to go to West Dean, so finances are a bit tight now.

> You've just missed a SLUG Moot, see the Web site for when the next one is.
> Although you might find that the Hants LUG is closer to you.
>
> regards,
>
> Colin
Dang. I'll check it.