[Sussex] Success at last

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Sat Sep 2 08:51:18 UTC 2006

Steven Dobson wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> For years I've wantted to have a machine that reports it's uptime as
> being over a year.  I've come close several times, but there was always
> something the cause me to reboot the machine - Like a breif power cut.

Lucky you, I always without fail every year have power cut during
August.  I don't know why but that way it is, it all down to to those
jokers at EDF;)

Yes I know that I could get UPS but as I know that I am going to get
power cut during August it hardly an unexpected event.

> However, at last I've managed it.  One machine, marvin, has been running
> the same kernel for 380 days - I managed it some days ago and didn't
> even realise.  :-)

I can only wish that I could do that.  I think I should write to my MP
to get rid of the month of August then will be able to do it ;)

> This is not an idel system either.  It is the work horse of my DMZ
> handling all incomeing and outgoing emails, spam assissin, web server
> and primary DNS server for my domain, etc.

This is when I get little sarcastic, I just love leaving on a computer
doing nothing.  "Well it such thing to do"

--

C.R.A.P. formally know as DRM
Cancellation, Restriction, and Punishment

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/