[Sussex] FC4 - FTP timeout

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 11:32:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

Two weeks ago the disk on a server rented from an ISP failed. The original system was RedHat8 and the ISP they loaded FC5 and restored the programs, data, etc. Generally, the server is much faster but users are getting intermittent problems when uploading picture files. Our file loading process, written in PHP, hasn't changed and I am having great difficulty replicating the problem. The problem appears to occur when the PHP program attempts to FTP an image back to the server. (It is done this way so that we can use the picture uploader on other systems.)

How can I tune the FTP to give longer timeouts?

Many thanks,

Brendan