[Sussex] Project Advice....

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Fri Sep 29 13:56:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, September 29, 2006 13:01, Richie Jarvis wrote:
> Yup, and also building a new tiny distro to house it all, allowing easy
> updates, VPN (inter-Mesh, and client-to-AP), RADIUS authentication.
>
> As I said, I feel its a little too daunting for me to tackle on my own,
> so would appreciate some thoughts on how best to start a new project.

MeshAP is Slackware 8.1 so choose your fav distro and make a cut down
version. Install the distro on the machine you want to become the meshbox
and compile the sources you need.

With Slackware, the following link shows how to make slackware packages
out of the utilities:
http://kreiger.linuxgods.com/kiki/?Making+slackware-packages

Once you have the utilities ready, the next version you compile you can
deploy with upgradepkg.

--
John