[Sussex] PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD [Was New members at moots]

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Sun Apr 1 09:12:00 UTC 2007

Quoting Fay Zee <fay.linux at googlemail.com>:

> Could you load the whole thing into 128MB and still have enough to run
> the graphics screen and a lightweight application?

Well, I must confess, I've not got a laptop with 128 MB so it's not
firsthand, but according to the DSL site, 128MB is enough to load the
whole thing into RAM and run, so yes, you should be able to get the X
environment going.

You might need a swap partition for the more memory-hungry apps tho..

--
http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org