[Sussex] PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD [Was New members at moots]

Andrew Guard andrew07 at andrewguard.com
Sun Apr 1 09:22:43 UTC 2007

Fay Zee wrote:

> Yes, I missed you, Dominic!!!!
>
> I had saved up some questions on DSL :-]
>
> I mostly wanted to know the processor, memory and hdd spec of the
> laptop you were using to demonstrate DSL a couple of months ago.
>
> Secondly, if we're talking about a PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD
> laptop, would you recommend Xubuntu or DSL?

I let in to something when first read this I thought Fay was going on
about DSL as in Digital Subscriber Line (broadband). I just wished I
could been there to learn how DSL (ADSL) works.

Well we all know Fay was going on about Damn Small Linux.

It gave interesting different slant on things. And show how easily
things could be miss interpreted on line.