[Sussex] PHP Lite

Andrew Guard andrew07 at andrewguard.com
Sun Apr 1 15:33:37 UTC 2007

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Brendan Whelan wrote:
>> Why do you want a "lite" version of PHP when you can have the full
>> version
>> and only use the bits you actually need?

Put it this way, say you where going shopping to Asda in car. Now you do
not drive you car around the shop you use a trolley. By you way of
thinking I should drive a car around ASDA and just use parts of car I
need. This doesn't happen why because it's insane. You change and use
something easer smaller but still do job at hand.

> Why drive a motorcycle when you can drive this and only use the pilot seat?
>
>        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1317779.stm
>
> It's often handy in maintenance, performance, and memory use terms to
> use stripped down versions of various tools. The same approach is why
> RISC systems outperform CISC in many uses.

Yep it footprint issue, there is lot in PHP which I do not need. If
could get rid of that then it becomes a possibility.

I just find it amazing that isn't anything. I am also going to be
looking in to idea in using ECMAScrip, Lisp, Mono and others.