[Sussex] Active Directory, Logon Scripts and Linux

Nicholas Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Mon Apr 2 07:16:13 UTC 2007

Hi Matthew well most of this is straight forward enough but i thought
Iwould answer the below.

> This is basically what our current logon script does for the windows
> boxes - here come the questions:
>
> 1) Can I do this in BASH, or is there an alternative "preferred"
> method?[1]
Not really , BASH in this case is ideal since your can do for more
flexible manipulation of the command environment, its what scripting
languages are for.
> 2) If I were to use PHP (coz it's what I know!) - using system calls
> to map drives/add to groups etc - would this pose a serious risk?
not much but it would probably pose a headache if the
apache/php/environment was moved , updated.  where as 1 has better longevity
> 3) Are there any tutorials out there that people know of on how to do
> this already?[2]
Loads. but first stop are you on the samba-maillist ?

https://lists.samba.org/mailman/

also heres some links from my own lookups

http://www.zdnetasia.com/insight/network/0,39044847,39081966-39000223c-1,00.htm
http://www.wlug.org.nz/ActiveDirectorySamba
http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic72678.html

Uhm thats it for now