[Sussex] PS3 First Sales better others

Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Apr 4 10:55:52 UTC 2007

Alan / Nik

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:12:41AM +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:03:14AM +0100, Nik Butler wrote:
> > Oh to be fair though Alan its so popular that Sony have made sure theres
> > enough for everyone which is why you can call any store in the UK and
> > get one immediately. Just like a Xbox. Its those darned Wiis no one
> > wants them which is why I never see them stocked!
> >

> Yes, that must be it. The parallel universe of the gaming retail sector
> where supply and demand does not compute to the average consumer.

Come on, it not that simple.

Volume has it's part to play, so does supply and demand.

If Acme made a console but just the one, and only two people in the UK
wanted then:

  1). The console is a success, supply outstripped demand by 100%, and

  2). The console was a failure, only two people want it out of
      millions in the UK.

Now pay Gallop to take a survey and tell them which answer you want
and they'll make sure you'll get it.  :-)

It's way too early to say which console is a success.  Wait 12 months,
then watch all the company's claim that their console was.  They have
the statistics to prove it too.

                              Steve "Dobbo" Dobson
                                steve at dobson.org
                               SussexLUG Master
BOFH excuse #291:

Due to the CDA, we no longer have a root account.