[Sussex] NTP Server....

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Wed Apr 4 20:15:03 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I recently reinstalled my MythTV server on ubuntu 6.10, and have been
having real trouble with times.  What seems to be happening is that the
clock is running ahead by about 30 minutes.  I've setup NTP (first with
the deb pkg defaults, and recently using pool.ntp.org), and made sure
that ntp-server is running.  I have verified that its running, and seems
to be receiving times using ntp -p:

root at sam:/var/log/mythtv# ntpq -p
jitter
 pool.ntp.org    83.170.73.8      3 u    7   64    1   24.319  -1090.6
0.001
 LOCAL(0)        73.78.73.84      5 l    6   64    1    0.000    0.000
0.001

This would seem to imply (to my untrained eyes) that its working - yet I
keep having to reset the time, by shutting down the ntp-server, and
running ntpdate pool.ntp.org

Has anyone else had similar NTP issues, and knows whats going on?

Thanks in advance,

Richie