[Sussex] Richard explains the GPLv3

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:02:14 UTC 2007

This is worth reading for Richard's views on GPL evolution

    http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/brussels-rms-transcript

Pay attention to the Palladium buts of the transcript. I was at an early
presentation about Palladium (since renamed "Trusted Computing") that
Richard attended and reared up on his hind legs to howl about it. The
presenter, Brian Lamacchia, was *not* happy to have Richard there
focusing on the underlying DRM and software lockout purposes which are
clearly its primary goals, coupled with the centrally managed and
legally unprotected master key repositories.

I should have brought popcorn and a soda to that, because it made for an
entertaining show.