[Sussex] Linux Fax for a Single User

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 23:19:05 UTC 2007

Fay Zee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A good friend of mine has just called me to ask if I can help him with
> an Open Source soft fax solution, apparently urgent.
>
> Unfortunately my phone battery died before I found out whether it has
> to be Windows or can be Linux.
>
> Assuming it can be on Linux - after all, it's no hassle to add an
> extra PC or laptop to the network in an emergency, and I can do that
> for him if need be - can anyone make any suggestion, please?
>
> Typing Linux fax into Google was rather overwhelming :-]
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fay
HylaFAX, baby! I did the SunOS port, and was involved in the early Linux
port. It's still being used by www.efax.com, last I looked 2 years ago.
And the server I set up 7 years ago was still running robustly, without
patching, until some smart aleck altered the firewall rules without
announcing it and blocked the ports to my old lab.