[Sussex] BBC iPlayer

Andrew Guard andrew07 at andrewguard.com
Mon Aug 13 12:07:09 UTC 2007

On 27/07/07, Andrew Guard <andrew07 at andrewguard.com> wrote:
> > Andrew Guard wrote:
> > > Well it now in action as open Beta, so could if run Windows XP run it.
> > >
> > > If you have not sign the petition to get BBC iPlayer for Linux then
> > > you have untill 20 August 2007 to do so, (Yep I have signed it)
> > >
> > > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/iplayer/

Well I am going to be at BBC London protest for tomorrow so is anyone
else on list going to be joining me there about iPlayer.

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/iPlayerProtest

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/BBCcorrupted

If you haven't already sign the petition about BBC iPlayer and lack of
Linux support.
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/iplayer/

Here my pennies thought:-
1) Why is iPlayer not written in Java?
2) If need DRM system why not open source DRM system like Project DReaM (Sun).