[Sussex] MySQL won't start

John Thompson jdthompson at themutual.net
Sat Aug 18 10:07:02 UTC 2007

> iangordon <iangordon at uklinux.net> writes:
>
>> HI All
>> 	I have just subscribed to this list and have already found a reason to post
>> to it. I am considering, at long last, going over to broadband and am
>> somewhat confused by the complexity of what is on offer. Eg, Tiscali was
>> recommended but a visit to the website  indicates that that organisation is
>> anything but 'linux friendly'. Can anybody point me towards an ISP
>> 	that is?

Well, I use Free-Online (part of plus net), which just "works". Never
had any problems. The name is a through-back from dial-up days.

See http://www.free-online.net/

Cost 14.99 a month for up to 8Mb (or whatever your phone line provides -
no-one actually gets 8).  Or 21.99 a month with a fixed IP address.

No gimmicks, buy your own ADSL router (with or without wireless), don't
even think of using some kind of modem. Then you are "always on" no
signing up or logging on every time you start your computer.

Free-online runs Linux behind the scenes (like most ISP's) - they even
use Squirrel Mail for their webmail!

Go-on sign up. Quote my username "avocacot" and I get 50p a month off my
bill for recommending you!

John