[Sussex] Xubuntu hangs when loading hardware drivers

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:08:05 UTC 2007

Fay,

Had a similar problem the other day.
The method I use is simply install the system but don't reformat the
system partition and it sorts itself out. This procedure only takes 10
minuites.
The cause - most likely use of the install disk while an inappropriate
device was plugged into the USB.

Incidentally we can always use the install disk in this manner, as it
does not overwrite files which we have already updated and can only
correct any missing files problems or hardware settings (your problem
here).