[Sussex] MythTV

David Morris slug at greenacre.no-ip.com
Sat Feb 3 11:12:10 UTC 2007

I'm considering breaking my one box machine into 2 (frontend, backend)
and was curious as to what spec machine you'd recommend for the back.
The way I read it the backend just takes whats comes in on the cards and
dumps it onto the hard disk in mpeg2.  Then would just need to server
this file up to be played.  This indicates to me that it only needs to
be faster enough to server the files up.

Since I'll only be serving one client to begin with, would I get away
with a using a 500Mhz machine? a dual cpu 450Mhz machine or should I
just spend the £50 on a AMD 2800+ board/MB?

Dave