[Sussex] Some politians get it

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 08:48:43 UTC 2007

Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> writes:

> What amazes me most is that there isn't one word in there I don't agree
> with.  Sure their use of language is a little wooly for die hard geeks like
> me and Nic, but the basic message is spot on.

They work from first principles a lot of the time, so unless you have
die-hard objections to what they're going to say they often make
sense.

I like them as well.

> Now I voted Green in the last EU elections because they were the closest
> party to my views on software patents, and this looks like they should
> get it in other elections too.  It isn't as if I agree with them on other
> issues, I'm sure they are going to make car ownership more expensive, but
> here they are accurately representing my views on an issue I do take a very
> strong political view on.

I'm with Billy Childish, horses are better than cars. However, I am
looking forward to being able to afford a tesla roadster.

On a serious note: I think they could be persuaded to support sensible
car ownership and progressive fuel taxation. This would tax people
more when they drive petrol heaps but less when they drive diesels
filled with chip fat.

The trouble with the Green Party is that they are not a proper
cohesive political force. They have no formal leader and everything is
done by committee. I couldn't imagine a worst waste of energy than
that.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs