[Sussex] BBC coverage of vista

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 09:59:03 UTC 2007

On Tue, February 6, 2007 07:36, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Jacqui Caren wrote:
>> I think cryogenics are required during the install process
>> on anything less than a Cray YMP.
> Friend, I've had to install 1000 Windows boxes in one month (as part of
> dual-boot Linux setups). It wasn't a pretty thing.

I hope these weren't individual installs.

Admittedly, the worst thing about XP installs is backing up customer's
files, wiping the drive, reinstalling XP and restore their data. I have a
desktop Slackware system for this.

IMO Windows is not designed for the Internet and should never be directly
connected. Its a real scream to find so many infected SP1 or SP2 a week or
so!

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support