[Sussex] Keyboard Skills [Was: Check Out Tesco for a Cheap MP3 Player]

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 6 11:13:25 UTC 2007

Steve Dobson wrote:
> I learnt to touch type back in the old days of mechanical typewriters,
> where if you didn't hit the keys like you were banning nails into steel
> you didn't leave a mark on the paper.

I learnt to type on an ASR33 and used a ICL punch setter before that :-)

I would love to see some folks I know try and use an ASR33 - IIRC
it was more like "whack-a-mole" than a keyboard :-)

I am still too heavy with keys but not as bad as I probably make out.

My problem is I do not cut my nails enough and bruise my fingers
or if they get too long mistype.

Ho hum

Jacqui