[Sussex] thanks to all the beta testers

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 02:04:36 UTC 2007

I'm dripping this out:

  http://prooveme.com

It's an openid provider (http://openid.net) based on SSL
certificates. Simply: it gives you really strong authentication for
sites using openid authentication.

My plan is (considering my current poverty) to start charging (a very
small fee) for the certs after a while.

I am considering building an enterprise version of the software: this
means I rewrite it in Java and make it a downloable, installable
thing. At that point it would become OSS/Free software.

Right now it's written in python using Apache/mod_python. It
implements a complete certificate authority using gnutls AND openssl
(yep! both are used). There is significant room for improvement in the
certificate authority code: I might contribute a better CA to gnutls
(if anybody here is interested in sponsoring that do let me know).

XSLT is used for the page rendering. A whole bunch of AJAXy stuff is
used for validation and building the browser side private key.

The backend data store is postgresql (with a whole bunch of stored
procs).

Do let me know what you think.

--
Nic Ferrier