[Sussex] GP2X - A Desparate Cry for Help....

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Sat Feb 24 17:25:00 UTC 2007

Stephen Williams wrote:
> Richie,
>
> Buy a new GP2X - you know you want to!
>
> Steve W.
>
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 16:15 +0000, Richie Jarvis wrote:
>> Arrgghh!!
>>
>> I've just done something REALLY stupid.  I finally got around to
>> replacing the top on my GP2X joystick today, and although the new one is
>> much nicer, it keeps falling off.  So I pushed down - hard - forgetting
>> that the joystick is also the 'click' button on the GP2X....
>>
>> Now my joystick is in permanent click-down mode - any ideas how to
>> recover from my own stupidty folks?  I have become rather attached to my
>> little Linux friend since Christmas.....
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Richie

LOL - well, that is always an option!  But being a tightwad, I would
rather repair it.  I posted on the GP32 forums, and managed to find what
I think replacement on RS, and its ordered.  The forum folks confirmed
it is the right part, so lets hope it fits (and my soldering is up to
the trick!)

Cheers,

Richie