[Sussex] laptop as a media center

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Mon Jan 22 14:33:44 UTC 2007

When I was shopping for the components for a new MythTV box, several
guides informed me that we'd need an NVIDIA graphics card with the
proprietary drivers in order to get TV-out to work: Neither ATI nor
open-source graphics drivers do the necessary under Linux yet.

This may have changed since, but probably hasn't. .

(As a side note, we got a new TV for Christmas which has VGA-IN and
works with any PC at all, so if you've been looking for an excuse... ;o)