[Sussex] Switching from HTTP to HTTPS

Vic lug at beer.org.uk
Wed Jan 24 11:47:19 UTC 2007

> Godaddy are highly suspect - they revoke DNS et.al without hesitation.
> and have caused nightmares for far too many honest folks for this to be
> a one off mistakes. If you rely upon the cert/DNS for business I would
> not take the godaddy risk.

They have a strong anti-spam statement, but have been found desidedly
lacking when it comes to doing anything about spammers, to boot. I'd be
suspicious, too...

I generally sign all my own certificates - because I can expect anyone
using my services to trust my certs. But if you're really pushed, you
might like to try http://cert.startcom.org/ - I've not used them yet, but
their claims are impressive, and they're RHEL rebuilders :-)

Vic.