[Sussex] Hacked server

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 09:59:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

Overnight someone has hacked into one of our servers which is hosted by an ISP. They have modified httpd.conf, clear out the logs and blocked the creation of files. The server needs to be rebuilt but I would like to extract the latest data from the databases but I can't create files.

I have tried to "chmod 770 db" but get the message "chmod: changing permissions of `db': Operation not permitted" any suggestions on how I can overcome this problem?

A bit move info:
ls -ld db
drwxrwxr-x  42 db       db           4096 Nov  8 10:28 db

Brendan