[Sussex] Vehicle management software

Phil Slade philslade at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 21:17:50 UTC 2007

If you have a vehicle used by 2 or more drivers, and
all of you have internet access, why not create a
YahooGroup for it.

  Just create a group, call it "FordVan reg123",
upload a digital photo of your vehicle, and use your
homepage to set rules of fair use, list contact
numbers of your rescue service,insurance company,and
mechanic, and perhaps some mechanical information such
as oil type,tyre pressures,bulb replacements.

  Reminder messages from the Calendar can warn of
expiry of tax/insurance/M.O.T. or need for the annual
service.

  Then ask each driver to post to the group daily?
details of fuel purchases, mileage, any mechanical
faults developing.

  This will give you an excellent usage/service
history always available online.

  This system could also be used for any other shared
facility or piece of equipment valuable enough to
warrant the effort, house ,flat , studio, boat,
toolkit,---------?

http://www.flickr.com/groups/46795634@N00/   this is a bit wacky !