[Sussex] lircd problems

James Smith james at floppy.org.uk
Sun Jan 28 20:20:17 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses... I bought a UPS a while ago to solve the
power problems, but had to send it back as it didn't work (avoid
redstore.com if at all possible, btw). As for lircd itself, I will
have to investigate some more and try to work out why it's dying.

I will check out the watcher script idea, that sounds useful for all
manner of things, not just this. Thanks also for the other hints as
well, I will do some more investigation and see what turns up.

Steve, the IR control via the PVR350 is very very easy, from what I
remember. The Fedora Myth(TV)ology page (http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/)
has a pretty good description of how to get it all working (at least,
that's what I used). Obviously if there are any config files I can
lend you, just shout.

cheers,
James