[Sussex] Fedora Core 5 - lossing disk space

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 12:00:30 UTC 2007

I have a server hosted at an ISP where the 36GB disk was full which resulted in the MySQL database stopping. I cleared some space rebuilt the damaged tables so the MySQL is working. However, it would appear that something is writing to the disk as issuing a "df" every few seconds show that the free space is gradually reducing. There are no cron jobs and no application daemons so I doubt that it is one of my programs.

Any suggestions on how I can find what is taking the space?

Thanks,