[Sussex] Linux Virtual Server (LVS)

paul.morriss at tokenbay.co.uk paul.morriss at tokenbay.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 20:02:14 UTC 2007

Hi
  I want to upgrade from 1 Slackware server servicing an application I
wrote - which uses port 2525 to having 4 so as to spread the load.

I have been trying to get Linux Virtual Server working, I have
successfully reconfigured the 2.6.19.2 kernel to enable the option and
recompiled.

With LVS you have a 'director/balancer' machine and then the 'real
servers', does anyone know if the real servers need to have the kernel
patch for LVS too?  I was hoping not as they run NetBSD at the moment..

Has anyone configured LVS and can point me to a decent guide? I have tried
several, I really think I need an idiots guide to explain the localhost
changes.

Thanks in advance

Paul

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
(Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)