[Sussex] Exim4 Problems....

Dominic Cleal domnews at computerkb.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 18:51:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:22:07 +0100, Richie Jarvis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just recently switched from Qmail to Exim4 using maildirs.
> Everything seemed ok, but I seem to be losing some mail

Losing as in, never arriving?  Anything in the mainlog showing the
remote mail server connecting, receiving a message or delivering it?

> and exim will not process my .filter

You haven't set up anything to tell it to read a .filter file.

I'd suggest a redirect router, adjust to suit:

filter_files:
  driver = redirect
  allow_filter
  no_verify
  file = /store/mail/$local_part/.filter

You'll need to specify the transports you want to use, depending on
what actions you wish to enable (file_transport, reply_transport,
pipe_transport).  There are some examples in the default config in
the source tarball for the three different transports.

Ensure that your .filter file meets the requirements in the
documentation so Exim knows how to parse it.  See section 22.3:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch22.html#SECID126

Regards,

--
Dominic Cleal