[Sussex] XP pain

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 12:12:40 UTC 2007

> In windows XP, yes I know it serves me right, I have a symbol in the
> running program bar flashing between a yellow warning triangle and a blue
> circle with yellow X.
>
> This keeps giving me a system alert! which leads to an IE link to a
> spyware sales site at this address: http://www.spylocked.com/?aff=334
>
> AVG and AdAware show all clear and right click won't say what it is.

Isn't XP wonderful, so well liked that even the spyware companies can't
wait to jump on the bandwagon and add their dodgy software to an already
dodgy OS.

Try out AVG antispyware, I'm sure I've removed this one and the annoying
"system is low on resources"

HijackThis is a good program to play around with when you are deleting
Spylocked's dlls and stuff. Sometimes these programs are so poorly written
that changing the name of the directory they are running from will cripple
them.

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support