[Sussex] Ubuntu's being weird with MP3 player

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Fri Jun 8 19:27:59 UTC 2007

Evening all,

as some of you might remember, my other half uses Ubuntu. She's just
run into a problem with it: She plugged in her MP3 player and removed
a large number of MP3s (and Oggs) but this didn't free up any space,
and cfdisk showed the reason why: Every time she deletes a file from
the flash disk, it shrinks that partition by the size of that file.

Not ideal, and even more annoying, we can't repartition & reformat the
disk successfully in Ubuntu - we get a "superblock" error message. So
she's having to use Windows to get anywhere with her MP3 player.

And that's not a good thing!

Any idea on why Ubuntu is being weird like this?

--
http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org