[Sussex] Ubuntu's being weird with MP3 player

Andrew Guard andrew07 at andrewguard.com
Fri Jun 8 20:47:10 UTC 2007

linux at oneandoneis2.org wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> as some of you might remember, my other half uses Ubuntu. She's just run
> into a problem with it: She plugged in her MP3 player and removed a
> large number of MP3s (and Oggs) but this didn't free up any space, and
> cfdisk showed the reason why: Every time she deletes a file from the
> flash disk, it shrinks that partition by the size of that file.

I take it your talking about Samsung? What model is it?

> Not ideal, and even more annoying, we can't repartition & reformat the
> disk successfully in Ubuntu - we get a "superblock" error message. So
> she's having to use Windows to get anywhere with her MP3 player.

How are you trying to format it?

Do you know what FAT are using?

> And that's not a good thing!
>
> Any idea on why Ubuntu is being weird like this?

It might not be Ubuntu I did quick search and seams others are having
same issue as you windows.  I looks like a issue with how flash works,
but it to early really to say.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=samsung+mp3+format+problems&hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=NU5&start=10&sa=N

--

Start enjoying the Internet again.