[Sussex] XP pain

Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue Jun 12 06:04:43 UTC 2007

Paul

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 06:18:12PM +0100, Paul Shepard wrote:
> OK you got my interest.

Great

> I have spent some time trying to understand Ubuntu and Linux now someone
> introduces me to 'Fedora'
> Whats the diference, whats best and where do I go from here...

That's an impossible question to answer.  Imagine if some says "I've just
past my driving test, so which is the best car to buy? Ford or Vaxhall?"

There are differences between Ubuntu, Fedora, and the rest.  But if your
new to Linux generally (which I assume you are from the rest of your
posting) then which Linux distro is best for you depends more upon you
than it does the distro.

How you think, how you learn, how you want to interact with the computer
are going to effect that choice.  So give a number of them a try.  You'll
find out which ones best suit your needs.

                              Steve "Dobbo" Dobson
                                steve at dobson.org
                               SussexLUG Master
BOFH excuse #357:

I'd love to help you -- it's just that the Boss won't let me near the computer.