[Sussex] Quick Test and thanks

Tim Smith timsmith714 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:59:41 UTC 2007

Hi All
It looks like my last few emails haven't got through (probably because of an
email address mismatch - my fault) so I'm hoping this works.
The other thing is to give a quick word of thanks to whoever posted about
the Excito Bubba server a few months ago. I got one in for review on
Personal Computer World at http://www.pcw.co.uk/2190724 and I've been really
impressed. It fits the bill of what I needed at home for file storage and
aggregating all the email accounts I seem to pick up all the time. The
performance is much better than I was expecting for a 160Mhz ARM processor,
even after installing MySQL for Joomla 1.5. As was pointed out on our
forums, it's nothing I couldn't do with an old PC with a new hard disk but
it was working 10 minutes after getting it out of the box and the power
requirements are minuscule.
So thanks again, this list has been a very useful source of leads since I've
been reading it.
Kind regards
Tim

--