[Sussex] USB Wi-Fi for Linux

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 21:44:05 UTC 2007

> The news that Mandriva (my distro of choice) supports it is even
> better - does it support it out of the box or do you need to build it
> from source on Mandriva?
Mandriva 2007.1 (Spring)
The ZD1211works 'out of the box'

Mandriva 2007
This reports that the firmware must be added at
/lib/firmware/zd1211/zd1211_* and that it can be downloaded from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zd1211/. the download was simply a
tarball containing the firmware files and a README.
I did exactly this and put the data in the position indicated and it all
worked - not painful at all.

I have not tried an installation using the tarball on the CD (or
download from adsltech.com).

Remember that when you specify the updates source you should also
include the 'distribution sources' although this is not required for the
wi-fi but is important for some of the graphics cards.

--
Windows users love viruses, others use UNIX and Linux.