[Sussex] musing about what I'd really like...

Pybe squalidstuff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:35:29 UTC 2007

Typically, this sort of thing is done using software like nagios and the like, wich will drop you an email if there is an issue.

Personally I wouldn't want something talking to me everytime there is ping loss for a server I am dealing with.

Sounds like a fun project though. A simple way would be to use something like nagios and just have a device that would alert and or read out loud the emails as they come in......

Have fun