[Sussex] Software Developers [Was: Sussex Digest, Vol 180, Issue 3]

Vic lug at beer.org.uk
Fri Mar 9 14:06:30 UTC 2007

> I develop .NET in Visual Studio 2005 at work but am gravitating over
> to MonoDevelop and ASPNetEdit at home. The former boasts GTK# which
> seems a good bet. The latter has started development over Google's
> last two Summer of  Code initiatives and will eventually be released
> within MonoDevelop.

Until a fortnight ago, I developed C, Perl, and a little PHP. Now I'm a
musician[1] again :-)

> P.S. I concur with Colin about not overquoting from posts.

Yep.

I'm on another mail list where certain people have been known to quote an
entire digest (25 posts - often over a thousand lines) just to add a "LOL"
at the bottom. These people get short shrift...

> I would
> also invite switching to Googlemail to drop the Yahoo ad at the bottom
> of your posts. It's not as bad as what you get with Hotmail but it's
> still disconcerting.

Given that this is a LUG, I'm surprised so many people use these hosted
solutions. I've been running SquirrelMail for years - and it's my mail
client of choice these days.

Vic.

[1] i.e. the day-job went west again...