[Sussex] Software Developers [Was: Sussex Digest, Vol 180, Issue 3]

James Smith james at floppy.org.uk
Fri Mar 9 14:22:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 09/03/07, Vic <lug at beer.org.uk> wrote:
> Until a fortnight ago, I developed C, Perl, and a little PHP. Now I'm a
> musician[1] again :-)

I'm a C++ coder with a special interest in 3D graphics, and a
selection of other languages in the toollbox; PHP, Ruby, Java, and so
on.

> Given that this is a LUG, I'm surprised so many people use these hosted
> solutions. I've been running SquirrelMail for years - and it's my mail
> client of choice these days.

I'm not so sure - I've used to use Thunderbird and Evolution over IMAP
(as well as some text-based clients like pine) before I discovered
Google mail, and I have to say that Google mail is the most usable and
fastest email reader I've ever had, either web-based or native app.

cheers,
James