[Sussex] Captive portal

Nigel Wilkinson nigel at waspz.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 19:29:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:09:15 -0000
"Brendan Whelan" <b_whelan at mistral.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there a driver I have failed to find and/or is there a recommended low cost wireless adapter I could get that is compatible with FC5?

If you have the windows driver you could try ndiswrapper. Look at

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if this comes with FC5 but its part of Mandriva. I haven't used it for a couple of years but it worked faultlessly with the cheaper LynkSys and Belkin cards I had at the time.

The only problem I encountered was it didn't always play nicely with ACPI, so I just disabled ACPI.

Good Luck
Nigel