[Sussex] Ubuntu used in the fight against AIDS

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 08:22:19 UTC 2007

Geoffrey Teale wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 13:50 +0000, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

>> That's always a sign that the company is marketing driven, not
>> service or product driven. Such environments can be very exciting,
>> but are filled with risks.
>
> I'm sorry you've come to that conclusion, but if anything it tells me
> that the one thing we've not been good at, ironically enough, is the
> marketing.

That's why I said "it's a sign": I didn't say it's a conclusion. Your
attention to it to respond is even better, and helps allay such concerns.

But it's still not clear exactly what you folks do with Linux.

> ... of course you only have my word for all of that, but there's
> enough people on this list who've known me long enough to vouch that
> everything written above is genuine.

Fair enough. To bring it back to the topic, what *precisely* are you using
Linux for and why? Is yours an end-to-end Linux solution, or are you simply
using Linux for the backend servers in your data handling? Which
distribution?