[Sussex] Norton Internet Securty 2007 (3 user)

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Tue Mar 27 10:36:51 UTC 2007

** John Crowhurst <info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk> [2007-03-27 09:45]:
> On Tue, March 27, 2007 06:25, Mike Diack wrote:
> > Based on experiences, avoid Norton like the plague....
> > Mike
>
> I second that, their antivirus doesn't work and trojans easily compromise
> the firewall. Their security suite is as bloated and useless as McAfee's.
> What use is an antivirus that can't find viruses on its own system?
>
> My choice would be AVG "anti-malware" (antivirus and anti-spyware) and a
> good hardware firewall.
** end quote [John Crowhurst]

Thirded, and from many years of experience with Norton since IBM sold
their AV technology to Symmantec. I have had to recover many a machine
that has been crippled by Norton AV.

As for alternative choices I go for F-Secure myself, to the point of
being a reseller. That said I've not had any major issues with AVG which
I used to use prior to becoming a business user and having to evaluate
for a non-free package. I've not tried it recently though.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/