[Sussex] OT: Computer parts providers

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Thu Mar 29 08:11:16 UTC 2007

Morning,

I can second the experiences others have had with both Scan (bad) and
ebuyer (no problems).

In the early days we used to use a lot of Novatech kit here.  My
reflections are as follows:

  * Prices are good
  * Service is good
  * You get what you pay for - My perception is that the failure rate
for their PCs is much higher than we've experienced with the vendors we
use now (DNUK, Lenovo and HP mostly).  I've no stats to back that up -
purely my perception.

... three slight caveats on that last point:

1. we used to keep the machines in march harsher conditions than we do
now
2. we haven't used them for several years now.
3. I am not involved with the day to day running of the machines any
more.

--
Geoff

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 20:20 +0100, David Moss wrote:
> I second that. Definately one of the best.
>
> Dave.

Geoff Teale
Director of Technical Development

Cmed Technology Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No. 3869835
Registered Office and Address for Communication:
Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus,
Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QP, United Kingdom

T +44 (0)1403 755071
E gteale at cmedresearch.com
W www.cmedresearch.com

Driven by technology. Guided by experience.