[Sussex] Thoughts On Contrubuting to the Community

Steve Dobbo Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Mar 30 18:26:16 UTC 2007

Phil

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 06:42:49PM +0100, Phil Slade wrote:
> I can't contribute because my direct emails to the list are
> bumped off by your spam filter, I can however reply to other folks'
> mails.

I'm very surprised that you can reply but not post.  We auto-drop
non subscribers because that accounted for about 99% of the "request
for approval" we were getting.  If you're getting anything any returned
message can you forward one on to me personally so I can take a look.

> Also there is the problem that I'm often a bit Off Topic,
> assuming that the other members have a wide range of interests like
> myself, perhaps I'm wrong there.

Assuming that your using Linux in some way in those other interests why
would that not be of interest.  I like hearing about how Linux is being
used.  I tend to talk about the technical side of using it because that's
what I'm an expert in.

                              Steve "Dobbo" Dobson
                                steve at dobson.org
                               SussexLUG Master