[Sussex] PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD [Was New members at moots]

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Sat Mar 31 10:09:46 UTC 2007

Quoting Fay Zee <fay.linux at googlemail.com>:

> I had saved up some questions on DSL :-]
>
> I mostly wanted to know the processor, memory and hdd spec of the
> laptop you were using to demonstrate DSL a couple of months ago.

Tho it was me using DSL at EGLUG the other month, it was Gavin with
the impressively old but still useable laptop :o)

> Secondly, if we're talking about a PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD
> laptop, would you recommend Xubuntu or DSL?

Based on my current laptop, which is a bit slow & old and is running
Xubuntu, I'd say DSL - you could load the whole thing into RAM and get
very fast performance compared to Xubuntu, which while being a
lightweight is nowhere near as "featherweight" as DSL..

Dominic