[Sussex] PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD [Was New members at moots]

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sat Mar 31 10:38:09 UTC 2007

Fay Zee wrote:

> Secondly, if we're talking about a PIII 700 MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HDD
> laptop, would you recommend Xubuntu or DSL?

I'd say DSL with that small an amount of RAM.

However, you should have a look on Ebay and see if you can find it some more
RAM, for 10 quid you can probably upgrade to 256Mb RAM and at that point you
could run pretty much any Linux Distro.

You didn't say what the screen resolution was, but that's probably a more
limiting factor in running a GUI than the RAM or processor speed.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

What would life be like if there were no hypothetical questions?