[Sussex] BBC iPlayer (iMP)

Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue May 1 14:25:51 UTC 2007

Richie

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 10:53:53AM +0100, Richie Jarvis wrote:
> Al Bennett wrote:
> >>As far as I am aware you don't have a license to use any version of
> >>IE without also purchasing a valid MS Windows license.
> >>
> >>       IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID EULA FOR ANY "OS PRODUCT"
> >>       (MICROSOFT WINDOWS 95, MICROSOFT WINDOWS 98, MICROSOFT
> >
> >So my 10 year old Windows 95 OEM licence would do?
> Yes, as long as you only load IE in Linux on the system built on the
> same motherboard as the OEM licence refers to.

IIRC unless you can read the T&Cs of the license before you purchase then
those terms are not enforceable under EU law.  Therefore I believe you may
transfer the software to a new computer - that is reasonable use.

                              Steve "Dobbo" Dobson
                                steve at dobson.org
                               SussexLUG Master
BOFH excuse #391:

We already sent around a notice about that.