[Sussex] Solaris Networking

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri May 18 07:58:06 UTC 2007

Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> I have Solaris 10 (x86) running well but I cannot see how to enable
> the internet, the ethernet (rtl) is recognized. Ideally I should be
> enabling DNS but how?

A bit off-topic for a Linux list, but when ou run the network command
configuration (/sbin/ifconfig on Solaris, if I remember correctly), what
does it report for your IP address and broadcast address? Do pings to
broadcast addresses show the presence of other devices, especially your
gateway? What does it say in /etc/resolv.conf about the IP addresses of
your DNS servers? And are you using DHCP to set up your network
configuration, or hard-coding things?