[Sussex] Windows UIpdate is it a risk?

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sat May 19 17:20:28 UTC 2007

Surprise, surprise.

Windows is a disaster and we had best have done with it. I have now 2
machines on hand which require clean installing to clear all the problems.

However they are dual boot machines and of course the Linux is fine, no
problems there.

This morning one of the Spam which I received when I tried to forward it
to Spamcop popped up message that it contained virus and refused to
send. I did not know that Thunderbird included such capability.

So, I downloaded AVG for Linux and scanned it to find I-worm/Netsky.D.
Cosidering that this has been around since March 2004 why oh why has it
not yet been stopped.

I have already some feedback which is showing that the apple ads
www.apple.com/uk are having some impact.

We all have to push the message "stop using windows". At least the Media
is just beginning to help.

--
Windows users love viruses, others use UNIX and Linux.