[Sussex] CUPS won't let me login

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 15:23:49 UTC 2007

I am trying to use CUPS via localhost:631 on a Fedora Core 6 system. Ihave previously used CUPS on this system to do some basic testing of a printer but today I can no longer gain access. When I try to, for example, stop a printer I get (as expected) the login prompt where I  enter root/password but I then get a  white screen. The log show "cupsdauthorize ......cannot retrieve authentication " Any suggestion on how I can track down and fix this problem. Thanks, Brendan