[Sussex] Cloned disk won't boot

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 14:33:44 UTC 2007

I created a mirrored copy of an FC6 system using the embedded program in
a SATA raid controller. The cloned disk boots, switches to GUI mode and
displays the login screen. When I login I get "Your session lasted less
than 10 seconds....session_child_run: Could not exec
/etc/X11/xinit/Xsession default"  "Could not start the session due to
internal error"  The same happens in failsafe mode. As an aside, I got
the same problem when I tried cloning by copying each partition in
turn.  How can I overcome the problem? Thanks, Brendan